Coronavirus Information For The Public
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING IF YOU HAVE
- Recently travelled.
- or are in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus.
- or are experiencing any of the following symptoms
-a high temperature
-shortness of breath
If you have please stay indoors and avoid close contact with people and contact NHS 111.
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
We are changing the way routine appointments will be carried out whilst we going through this Coronavirus stage.
We need to try and prevent as many patients coming into the practice as possible
Please see below how the following requests should be booked.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Reviews - telephone appointment with GP
Routine COPD reviews - telephone appointment with Karen
Medication Reviews - telephone appointments with Pharm / ANP /GP
Routne Asthma Reviews - telephone appointment with Karen
All Online appointments will be changed to online telephone appointments, this has already been done.
If you contact us by phone clearly outline your travel history and your symptoms.
As online appointments are booked without knowledge of the patients symptoms we have taken the advice of Mid Essex CCG to no longer allow online appointment bookings.
To help prevent the spread please;
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Thank you for your co-operation.
For the latest information and advice please follow this link : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-publi
We are pleased to inform you that the recent Coronavirus Test came back NEGATIVE
Doctors will be calling patients who were previously told to self isolate.
Please continue to take advice on keeping safe from the information provided by NHS England and Public Health England
Welcome to Dickens Place Surgery Online
The doctors and staff at Dickens Place Surgery in Chelmsford are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the Practice, you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side.
The Government and NHS are well prepared to deal with this virus.
You can help too!
- Do Not Come into the Surgery Germs can live on some surfaces for hours.
- To protect yourself and others:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze.
- Bin the tissue, and to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel.
If you have arrived back from China within 14 days follow the specific advice for returning travellers.
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.
If you have travelled from Wuhan or Hubei Province to the UK in the last 14 days you should immediately:
- stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would do with the flu
- call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area.
This advice applies to travellers who have returned to the UK from the following areas:
- China •Thailand •Japan •Republic of Korea•Hong Kong •Taiwan•Singapore•Malaysia•Macau
If you have returned to the UK from any of these areas in the last 14 days and develop symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, you should immediately FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES ABOVE.
Please follow this advice even if your symptoms are minor.
For more advice please view the following link
Staff Training Half Day Closures
Please note that on the following dates the surgery will be closed from 12.30 pm for staff training. If medical assistance is required during these periods, please contact NHS 111
- Tuesday 11th February 2020
- Wednesday 11th March 2020
- Wednesday 29th April 2020
- Thursday 21st May 2020
- Tuesday 30th June 2020
- Wednesday 29th July 2020
- Wednesday 30th September 2020
- Thursday 29th October 2020
- Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Wedneday 16th December 2020
If you require medical assistance during these times, please contact NHS 111